Last updated: October 29, 2021
By visiting and/or ordering services on this Website, you are informed that your personal information can be collected, used and transferred as set out in this policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we handle and treat your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following personal information from you:
Information you provide to us:
We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with such information in the course of using our Website or Services as part of Terms of Service or as a legitimate interest. For example, when you register to use our Services, we will collect your first name, last name, email address, password, phone number, property information, and billing details. Before we use any other form of personal data, you will be clearly asked to opt-in.
Information we collect when you do business with us:
We may process your personal information when you do business with us as part of our Terms of Service or with any other contractual document – for example, as a guest or prospective guest, or as a host, supplier, consultant, or other third party. For example, we may hold your business contact information and financial account information (if any) and other communications you have with us for the purposes of maintaining our business relations with you. If you are a guest we also share the details you share with us when making a booking with the host of the property you are making a booking for.
Information we automatically collect:
We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you visit our website as a legitimate interest, such as IP address, browser type, and operating system, referring URLs, your use of our website, and other clickstream data. We collect this information automatically through the use of various technologies, such as cookies.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you accept) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete or decline cookies, some features of the Website or Services may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you choose to disable cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. A banner asking you to accept our cookies policy will be displayed upon the first visit to our website. You may withdraw your consent at any time by accessing the cookies settings on our website.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
The personal information we collect from you may be used for one of the following purposes:
1. Contacting you (including for promotional purposes), only if accepted by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time through unsubscribe links included in our communications.
2. Uploading your content (raw data or otherwise) to our Service as you request.
3. Permitting you to update, edit, and manage your content on our Service.
4. Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Service.
5. Informing you about changes to our policies.
6. Optimizing or improving our products, services, and operations.
7. To process transactions and to provide Services to our customers and end-users.
8. Personalizing content and experiences on our Service, including providing you reports, recommendations, and feedback based on your preferences.
9. Other uses in accordance with our Terms of Service or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information.
10. Please note that by submitting comments and feedback regarding the Website and the Services, you consent to us to use such comments and feedback on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name, property name, and the city/country in which you reside.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We may share your information with third parties in certain circumstances:
3. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be sold, disposed of, transferred, as part of that transaction in accordance with data protection rules.
4. We may also use or transfer personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, Hosts, or the users of the Services or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
5. We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes.
6. We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
WHAT STEPS ARE TAKEN TO KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal information collected by our Services is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us and we will delete your personal information on request. We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
You can ask to access, correct, or erase and to the portability of your personal information processed and the right to object, restrict the processing, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing/profiling. All these rights can be asked by email to email@example.com. You have also the right to a complaint to the competent authority. You may always withdraw your consent of receiving future email messages and newsletters from bookusdirect. We provide you with the opportunity to withdraw your consent to receive communications from us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that you generally cannot withdraw your consent of service-related announcements, booking requests and confirmation announcements, or temporary Services suspension announcements, based on the fact that the services offered cannot be used if the consent for the events described above is not given.